The Annual General Meeting of the Old Edwardian Society is held annually at the end of November. The club’s financial year runs from 1 September to 31 August, and the AGM covers that period.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE NINETY FOURTH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE OLD EDWARDIAN SOCIETY WILL BE HELD IN THE KINGS TAVERN OLD EDWARDIAN CLUBHOUSE, NINTH AVENUE, LOWER HOUGHTON, JOHANNESBURG ON MONDAY 3rd of DECEMBER 2018 AT 18H00.
A G E N D A
1. To confirm the notice of the meeting.
2. To ratify the minutes of the Ninety Third Annual General Meeting held on the 11th of
3. To ratify the President’s report.
4. To ratify the Executive Committee’s report.
5. To ratify the audited Income and Expenditure Account for the year ended 31st August
2018 and the Balance Sheet at that date.
6. To ratify the election of members to the Executive Committee. In terms of the
Society’s Constitution, Mr Greg Bortz offers himself for re-election Angus McKenzie
and Colin Webster offer themselves to continue to serve on the Executive Committee.
During the year, Messer’s Raymond DuBois, Nick Icely, Richard Hatfield and Ms.Claire
Morgan were co-opted onto the Committee and offer themselves for election. Messer
David Lazer has been nominated to serve on the Executive Committee and offers himself
Messer’s Neil Darroch, Thabiso Madiba, Gareth Taylor and James Webster have decided
not to make themselves available for re-election to the Executive Committee.
7. To ratify the appointment of an Auditor for the current year and to fix the
remuneration for the past year’s audit.
8. To ratify the confirmation of the granting of Honorary Life Membership to Mr.Roy
By order of the Executive Committee
Society Admin Manager
22ND NOVEMBER 2018
NOTE: Only persons eligible to vote in terms of the Constitution, Rules and Regulations and who are in good standing for the year 2018/2019 will be entitled to vote at the Annual General Meeting.