The Old Eds Football club’s philosophy for football includes team spirit, hard work, determination and above all play with dignity and fair play. We are happy to create an environment where our players are happy to be as this strengthens motivation. We allow our players to make mistakes, give them time to be creative and encourage reflection through positive thinking. We encourage solutions and responsibilities, set standards, create a culture of development and always end on a positive note by praising their efforts not results.
- Training for the upcoming 2018 season will begin on Thursday, 1 March 2018.
- The Football Club caters for both boys and girls between the Ages of 6-12 years.
- Training takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Old Eds Virgin Active, 11th-9th Ave Houghton at the following times:
- Under 8 and below: 5.00pm to 6.30pm
- Under 9 -12: 5:30pm to 7:00pm
- Players participate in games in the Easterns League which begins in April. Games are played weekly on a Saturday morning both home an away.
- Fees for the upcoming season are R3500 per player (all inclusive) for the season which runs from 1 March 2018 to 30 September 2018.
Jateen Bhana will once again head up the soccer club for the upcoming season. Jateen is a qualified Sports Scientist and a long line of experience in youth sports development together with sports leadership, coaching and project management. He has an undoubted love and passion for sports and in particular youth sports development. His desire and commitment to want the best for the players and parents involved with us came to the fore last season and we are pleased that together with his team of appointed coaches they will lead us into the 2018 soccer season. For further information please contact Jateen Bhana on 082 655 3027 or at our email address email@example.com
JUNIOR SOCCER FLOURISHING02 August 2016
This past weekend there were no official fixtures but the under 7 and under 8's played a friendly against each other. The current season has six weeks to go which will recommence after...
Junior Soccer u12’s showing great form!29 May 2013
Old Ed's Junior Soccer is alive and well! What a great season the U12 teams are having! The A team (Coach Khatso) have played 4 games – won 3 and lost 1. Scored...